Thursday 4 May 2017
6.30pm - 8.30pm
PAIAM members are invited to attend an evening Reception at Lambeth Palace. This is an exciting venue and one which is only available to private groups after careful consideration by the Archbishop’s office, so we are pleased to have been granted permission to visit. The evening will provide an opportunity to meet and network with other members and we will also receive a short talk by one of the palace historians on both the history and some of the impressive artwork which is housed there.
This event is for PAIAM members only.
Tuesday April 4th, 2017
This is a one day conference, created for art galleries, dealers, art advisors, auctioneers and art market professionals to meet and discuss key issues affecting the international art market. It launches at 10 on the Park at the Time Warner Centre.
Tickets can be purchased through the Art Business Conference website and all PAIAM members receive a 20% discount on tickets. For further information on tickets please visit www.artbusinessconferencenyc.eventbrite.co.uk
The day will include a number of presentations and panel discussions on a range of topics including:
• NYLON – The New York and London art markets, post-election and post Brexit, what does the future hold for both art markets?
• Digital Presentation: 250 years of selling art – what would James Christie make of our digital world?
• Freeports and the art market – what does the future hold?
• Digital innovation for art businesses – a panel discussion
• Cyber Crime and the Protection of Digital Art
• How to balance authentication, provenance and the management of confidential data
• Risk Management in the Art Market, an insurance workshop: prevention and lessons learned…
For further information including a list of speakers, please visit our website, www.theartbusinessconference.com.
Monday April 3rd 2017
6.30pm - 8.30pm
The evening will provide an opportunity for members of the new New York Chapter, to meet one another for the first time since PAIAM NY Inc was launched last October. Members will be invited to join a guided tour of the upcoming Sotheby's Photographs auction, which includes work from the 19th to 21st centuries by Edward Weston, Josef Sudek, Edward Steichen, Diane Arbus, Helmut Newton and others. There will also be speeches from members of the New York Board and Sotheby's.
The PAIAM Board would like to thank Sotheby's for kindly offering to host this event.
Please note this is a PAIAM members-only event.
Photography courtest of Sotheby's